Saturday, September 10, 2011

a little bit of trivia


Do you remember a little tv show called Murder She Wrote? I remembered watching it with my family when I was really young and was really into it. Yup that's the start of my love affair with mysteries.



So apparently the mystery genre is subdivided into several categories and the sub genre that I'm into is cozy mysteries. (Wow..never knew that). The mystery genre is actually very wide, it includes crime, thriller, cozy mystery, whodunnit, noir (ooh an image of the brooding 007 came into mind) and much much more.



According to this website (http://www.cozy-mystery.com/) cozy mysteries generally have these characteristics:


- the crime solver is an amateur sleuth (meaning she's quite nosy in nature)

- she's a woman (surprise, surprise)

- she's likeable

- the books are funny and clean (without sex, swear words and all)

- set in a small village or town

- the books are funny and cozy


Hmm.. is it a sign of an impending middle age that made me favour cozy mystery? Dunno..but it's nice to read something that made you unwind once in a while. And my idea of unwind is to find some murdered person killer..(a sign of an overdose 0f CSI/Bones/Criminal Minds..huhu).

1 comment:

  1. Impending middle age...

    LMAO :)

    We're getting there, kid! Embrace it ;)

    ReplyDelete