Thursday, August 4, 2011

quiet heaven

Being a bookworm..i do love libraries...don't you? It's nice and quiet all the time and some libraries offered free Wi Fi which is a big hit among the Y generation like me. I've been to many libraries..Perpustakaan Negara, Shah Alam, Bangi, Kota Kinabalu, UKM, UM, UPM, UIA. Even not so public libaries in government agencies..like SUK Selangor, Attorney's General, INTAN, INSTUN, Jabatan Perdana Menteri, MAMPU. I even went so far as to the Arkib Negara..huhu..



But surprisingly my favourite library is in Yayasan Sabah. The place is so..i don't know..old..empty and comfortable. The first time I went there was when I was in Form 5 which was like ages ago. I was selected to represent my school in some competition which I hardly remember but the trip to the library still stuck with me until this day. I don't know why..maybe I was so amazed at that time to see a library so damn big or the interior is so not like any library I've ever been to..


Mental note to oneself..if I ever had the chance to go overseas after this I would really like to make a trip to a library or any nice big bookstore for that matter. Maybe I should made a trip instead to visit all the libraries in Malaysia. Wouldn't that be interesting? Jalan-jalan perpustakaan..hehe..by the way this is a picture of my beloved law library which I spent hours on end..writing,dozing off, surfing, and ehem reading.

2 comments:

  1. Jalan-jalan library? Interesting, count me in!

    I like when we hv to whisper in a library.

    Kekeke, wouldn't it be great if I can whisper like U-Know-Who? That'll scare all those ppl who 'contaminated' the sacred library by going on dates there. Huhu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Dek!

    I have my own library in d'house..'lovely aite?'
    I'll be there hours and hours and indeed it's a quiet heaven.

    ReplyDelete